Tonight you'll get the opportunity to work on topic and closing sentences. Think of each paragraph as a train. The topic sentence is the train's engine. It's the main idea that all the other sentences are connected to. The sentences in the body of the paragraph are the boxers. Think that the caboose is the closing sentence.
1. Read each of your topic sentences for each paragraph in your animal report.
2. Copy and paste at least 6 of them on to Blogger. You choose.
3. Rewrite each topic sentence to make them a little more interesting.
4. Copy and past eat least 4 closing sentences.
5. Rewrite each closing sentence to make them a little more interesting.
Original topic sentence: Babysitting young kids is interesting
New topic sentence: One should always be prepared when babysitting young kids!
Original closing sentence: Always expect the unexpected while babysitting
New closing sentence: No matter how prepared you are, babysitting is a job not for the easily exhausted.
SEE THE DIFFERENCE? NOW YOU TRY.