Tonight you're asked to really examine a very serious subject matter through the lens of empathy. Children suffering at the hands of unfortunate events. Children in need. I strongly encourage for each student to work with a guardian on this exercise.
- Watch both of these complete different yet inspiring YT clips
- Answer the questions below
- What does empathy mean?
- Can you and a guardian think of how children might be suffering globally?
- Can you and a guardian think of how children on the Peninsula might be suffering?
- What are some ways to show empathy for children in need?
- What are some ways children or adults cope with suffering?
- Can you and a guardian find a children's charity online that interests you?
- How do you know that charitable organization is respectable and worthy?
- Is there an organization that the Frederick's Fireballs could support?
- How can we show our support and empathy during and after the holidays? In other words, how can we take our "thoughts, care, and ideas--put them into action?"