Reading: The students will work on...
- Retelling stories by starting at the beginning.
- Retelling stories by starting with NOW AND BACKING UP. Synthesizing and fitting the parts together is another way to retell.
- Listening with intensity and strong purpose in order to gather ideas.
Writing: Personal Narrative.
- Help my writers setting and keeping track of goals: Make a personal goal chart
- Help my writers understand the most important question they can ask is, "What's my story really about?"
- Help my writers understand that one powerful way to revise their narratives is to bring out the story structure
- Help my writers employ techniques to elaborate on the parts that show meaningClassical Roots:
- Lesson 2: equate, equidistant, equilateral, pendulum
- Students will be tested on word, spelling, part of speech, root word, and derivatives
- Spelling Bee is Friday, September 26
Public Speaking: The students will practice..
- Using good eye contact. Scanning the room to look at all audience members is important
- The students will present their mini-dance project on Thursday and Friday
Social Studies: FIRST AMERICANS The students will work on...
- editing their Unit 1 Assessment. Assessments will be handed back on Tuesday or Wednesday
- begin Unit 2 on Wednesday
- Students will continue to research small guiding questions
- Students will work on creating a bibliography
- REM - "It's the End of the World as we Know It"
- Sam Smith - "Not the only One"
- Bangles - "Hazy Shade of Winter"