- Find an important section of your personal narrative so you can focus on that for elaboration.
- Ask yourself, "What is this section really about?"
- Write 1-2 goals. Make sure we see your goals on the Blogger response.
- Take the part you selected and make the "driver", you, go slower. Make the reader notice all the details. Include what you saw--all of those visual details. Don't forget about using your powerful senses.
- Include WHAT'S MY SECTION ABOUT?
- Show new draft along with the old draft
STRATEGIES FOR ELABORATING ON IMPORTANT PARTS
- Slow down the action, telling it bit-by-bit
- Add dialogue
- Give details
- Show small actions
- Add internal thinking
1. Add more internal dialogue by using italics
2. Add more detail to the main character including clothing
What's my section about?
text, text, text, text
my text, my text, my text