SEE AND TALK ABOUT THE THINKING ABOUT THE THINKING
There are ways a reader can talk about a book they're enjoying. Today in class you learned that there are 4 ways to communicate their thoughts about a book.
- Readers share passages that especially drew them in/a feeling. "THIS MAKES ME FEEL(TMMF)."
- Readers share parts in which they're really envision. They make a mental movie in their mind. "I am picturing".
- Readers share a part where they were really confused on what was going on. "I'm confused..."
- Readers work with a partner on a tricky word. "I think _____ means_____."
Tonight, you and a guardian are going to share and talk about a book you're reading. Each person will need post-its, book, and pencil.
- Find a quiet room with reading partner.
- Students, go over the list above with your reading partner so they understand what to do.
- Ask he/she if they have any questions.
- Set a timer for 12 minutes.
- Each person reads quietly. While they're reading they should employ one of the strategies mentioned above. Students, don't forget to go over the strategies with the guardian; that's very important.
- Mark up your book with post-its. Fill your particular section with post-its.
- After the 12 minutes share your thinking with your partner. Show them your post-its inside the book. Have a great discussion and watch the learning unfold.
Off you POST!