Parent/Child Blogger kicks off tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say on these important character education topics: RESPECT AND RESPONSIBILITY. Share the work load.
Accepting responsibility for our mistakes can be a difficult thing to do. Many adults and children struggle with accepting responsibility when they make a mistake. Sometimes we struggle with being respectful toward others.
1. Describe a moment when you did not accept responsibility for your actions? Describe a moment when you were disrespectful toward someone?
2. Write down what you think this quote means: "We are free up to the point of choice, then the choice controls the chooser."
3. Look at these RESPONSIBLE CHOICES. Try to come up with a least one possible consequence for 3 out of the 5 choices.
- going to college vs. not going to college
- eating healthful food vs. eating a regular diet of junk food
- making friends with someone who's not very popular vs. not making friends with the person
- doing a random act of kindness vs. not making the effort
- joining a social club vs. hanging out with friends
4. Can you think of a non-family member who demonstrates responsibility and makes good choices?